PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To source and compile a range of commodities by ensuring that the commodities are acceptable to the Pep consumer market. The commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and price points of Pep, in accordance to the departmental directive.
- Supplier management (sourcing and loading)
- Range building (Product sourcing & range development)
- Product determination
- Product order management (Administration)
- Budget management and OTB control
- Research about target market and competitiveness
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Consumer Science) or Diploma (e.g. Clothing / Purchasing Management)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
- Creative, eye for detail and analytical.
- Ability to commercialize trends and designs into product suited for the Pep customer
- Minimum of 3 -5 years experience as a fully fledged buyer will be an advantage
- Essential experience in home products: softs or hards.
- Travel and exposure to the East will be an advantage
- Competencies required: Good communicator; Confident; Business Acument; Negotiation and influencing; Planning, organizing and control; Stress Tolerance; Building and maintaining relationships and able to function independently
- Willingness to travel
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 24 April 2019
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit a CV.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Pep strives for equal opportunity in terms of employment equity guidelines.