POSITION: Buyer (C4)
LOCATION: Cape Town, Western Cape
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To source, compile & build a balanced range of softs products, negotiating the best price and securing the required depth to deliver a desirable offering to our Pep Home customers. These quality commodities selected must contribute to the profit margin and live within the total Pep Home offering.
- Supplier management (sourcing, negotiating, and loading)
- Range selection and building (product sourcing, price tiering & range development)
- Collaborate closely with all Home departments to create balanced assortments
- Budget & GP management
- Product order management (Administration)
- Good understanding of trends & consumer insights
- Close collaboration with planning to support product intent in stores
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma (e.g. Clothing/ Purchasing Management)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a fully-fledged Buyer
- Computer Literacy (MS Office/ G-Suite – a very strong Excel skill will be an advantage)
- Creative, eye for detail, analytical and problem solving
- Competencies required: Accuracy, Directing, Negotiation, Results-oriented, Persuasiveness, Commercial Drive, Initiative, Analysing and forming opinions
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, 25 February 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and an internal application form to our SkillsMap platform using the following link: (https://pepstores.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/46800)
All external candidates please use the following link:(https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/46800)
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.