DEPARTMENT: Merchandise (Design Office)
PEP has been on a customer centric journey to create exciting designs and fashion trend products for our remarkable customers. We are looking for talented candidates who identify with our customers’ needs and want to join our design office that has been restructured to follow a design-led process. Are you passionate about contributing your creative talent and passion to our team of designers?
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop graphic print and pattern designs for the Pep product range
- Developing original prints
- Developing prints and CAD’s as per range build and briefs
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Textile, Surface, Graphic or Fashion Design / Bachelor degree in Art
- 2 – 3 Years design experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Computer skills required: Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Gmail
- Good understanding/experience in retail buying cycles, textile/print production and trend forecasting
- Great eye for design and detail
- Good at relationship building
- Good planning/organising and ability to cope with stress and deadlines
Competencies: planning, organising and control, decision making, stress tolerance, detail orientation, passion
Closing date: 28th September 2022
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and an internal application form to our Direct Hire platform using the following link: https://pep.mcidirecthire.com/Internal/CurrentOpportunities
All external candidates please use the following link: https://pep.mcidirecthire.com/default/External/CurrentOpportunities
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines.