Position: Junior Industrial Engineer (Johannesburg)
Department: Supply Chain
An opportunity exists for a dynamic individual to join our team of Industrial Engineers to support supply chain-related projects in the PEP business. This is a fast-paced, action-packed role that will directly contribute to our supply chain success. The position is based in Johannesburg.
You will be exposed to all aspects of our distribution center operation, including process improvement, infrastructure projects, and system enhancements. Through this, you will have the opportunity to diagnose problems, identify solutions, propose improvements, and execute action plans.
This is a perfect role for somebody who will enjoy being immersed in operations and also have a longer-term view of growing his/her industrial engineering exposure and knowledge. You will work closely with other team members who will provide guidance and support where needed to ensure you grow your knowledge and successfully deliver on projects.
A candidate with a passion for Industrial Engineering and a drive to improve processes. A person with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Support in the development of business cases
- Support the implementation and monitoring of supply chain projects
- Provide input and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Mapping and development of supply chain processes
- Liaise with various role players and departments to provide supply chain support
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering
- Relevant experience will be an advantage
- Retail knowledge and exposure will be an advantage
- Advanced level of computer skills, especially MS Excel, will be an advantage
- Willingness to travel
- Competencies required: Presentation and facilitation skills; Analytical reasoning; Attention to detail; Problem-solving skills; Sound business acumen; Relationship management; Team player
Closing date: Monday, 18 January 2021
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and an internal application form to our SkillsMap platform using the following link https://pepstores-internal.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/45684
All external candidates please use the following link https://pepstores.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/45684
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful. PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines