DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain – Kuils Rivier DC
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To coordinate and manage the optimum operational planning of the Distribution Centre in order to recommend potential action plans and to assist the Operational Management team to make critical daily key decisions.
- Compile daily operational plan to balance DC capacity and deal with peak periods
- Supervises the capturing and displaying of operations department’s daily productivity and quality targets
- Based on the operational plan, determines the priorities (e.g. labour requirements) for each department per shift
- Addresses critical issues that may arise and makes recommendations should the plan not be achievable
- Manage and coordinate monthly new store distributions
- Formulate manning requirements for special work activities linked to value-added services
- Manage and coordinate seasonal and BTS re-pricing waves
- Create management reports to help senior management make necessary operational decisions
- Communicates daily with all DC internal departments, Central Office Control tower and central planning teams
- Complies with health and safety requirements to ensure the health and safety of all personnel
- Facilitates teamwork and motivates workforce- staff morale
- Compile daily operational plan to balance DC capacity through all departments to address many critical issues/ bottlenecks that may arise, e.g. machinery constraints, line ageing prioritisation, forecast mitigation, etc.
- Supervises the capturing and displaying of operations department’s daily productivity and quality targets in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage and assist Scheduler in the optimised daily scheduling for Pick and pack and Full Carton distribution to take place
- Communicates daily with all DC internal departments on the plan as well as keep track of progress achieved throughout the day and recommend actions to Assistant DC Manager for implementation should the plan not be achievable.
- Communicate with Central Office Control tower for problem distributions.
- Communicate with central planning team on operational problems experienced with distributions
- Manage all queries on WMS through relevant systems, process and IT stakeholder’s teams.
- Understand Product Mix.
- Scheduling and Planning of product flow in the DC environment.
- Forecast Model taking into account cube data to reduce transport costs.
- Ensure lead times are met, as well as picking and despatch standards.
- Ensure special/urgent orders prioritized.
- CPU on packaging and Labour is managed according to budget.
- Analyse trends and make recommendations to increase efficiencies in DC.
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced Certificate in Supply Chain Management /Logistics/ General Management/ Project Management – NQF level 6 equivalent
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a middle management role, managing the flow of stock within a warehousing environment
- Demand Planning experience in the retail environment will be advantageous
- Experience in communicating with senior leadership of the business
- Report writing skills are required
- Computer Literacy: G-Suite (with Advanced Excel)
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations will be an advantage
- WMS exposure will be an advantage
- Competencies: Leadership; Coaching; Problem assessment; Excellent planning & organising skills; High regard for quality and detail; Good communication skills; Stress tolerance and Confidence and decisiveness
CLOSING DATE: Friday, 25 September 2020
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your CV and covering letter
All Internal candidates please apply on SkillsMap via this URL:
All external candidates please apply on skills Map via this URL:
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
PEP strives for equal opportunity in terms of its employment equity guidelines